Has Your Dog Eaten Chocolate? – Watch For Toxicity Symptoms

Even if your dog has eaten only a small amount of chocolate, you should keep a close eye for any symptoms of poisoning and other potential complications. Dogs can differ in their response to chocolate consumption. Some can exhibit severe reactions after eating small amounts, and there are dogs that can consume relatively large amounts and only display milder symptoms.

Dogs that consume large amounts of chocolate products that contain a lot of fat have higher risks of developing digestive upsets and pancreatitis. The problem can become more complicated if the dog ingests candy wrappers or other types of packaging, which can increase the animal’s risk to obstruction of the gastrointestinal tract.

Eating a significant amount of candy may cause dogs to develop mild to moderate gastrointestinal signs, such as vomiting, diarrhea, and a decrease in appetite for a day or two. The symptoms usually resolve quickly with only supportive care. For more suggestions, set an appointment at this website.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s