There are many important reasons to avoid giving any type of bone to your dog. If you are in the habit of offering leftover meat dishes that contain bone to your dog, it is high time that you ponder on the implications of the practice.
- Chewing on bones can injure the mouth or tongue
- There are cases when round bones got stuck around the lower jaw of the dog and have to be removed by a veterinarian
- When a dog’s stomach or intestines is pierced by bone fragments, the injury can pave the way for serious bacterial infections that can be difficult to address, and thus can be fatal.
- Dogs can suffer from constipation after eating bones and bone fragments
- Sharp bone fragments cause bleeding and pain in the rectum during elimination
For more details, click here.