Cats benefit from regular massage, too. Although this may sound ostentatious to some pet parents, a good massage can go a long way in improving your pet’s physical and emotional wellbeing.
When done properly, massage improves the function of the muscles, nerves, circulatory, and lymphatic systems. Other significant benefits include:
- Reducing or eliminating muscle spasms
- Boost supply of oxygen and nutrient to body cells
- Stimulates range of motion
- Aids in the elimination of toxic compounds from the body
- Keep heart rate at normal or reduced levels
- Promote healing especially after surgery
- Brings relief from chronic muscular and joint stiffness
Just like in humans, touch helps promote the healing process. It also helps alleviate stress and relief from depression. Studies and actual cases have demonstrated that regular massage stimulates the body to release endorphins or ‘happy hormones’ which are known to have a significant influence on one’s moods. To learn more, contact your animal care tips.