Discarded car batteries should never be left lying around. The most common way in which pet cats or dogs can be exposed to battery acid is when they step on it and then they try to clean it off by licking.
Take note that battery acid is extremely corrosive and battery acid poisoning is almost always fatal. You should rush your pet to the nearest vet clinic or pet poison center if you suspect your pet has been exposed to battery acid. DON’T induce vomiting because the solution coming back up can do more harm than good. Sensitive tissues in the stomach, mouth, and esophagus can be damaged.
To prevent unfortunate pet accidents, make sure that your car is not leaking fluids, and also, old car batteries should be disposed of properly and not left lying around for pets to get exposed to. Click this Homepage for more details.